- · Retrospective view is the one insight given us from which we can learn something. When I look back I see this:
- · Everything that happened follows a direct course linked to the events which preceded it leading to it. One after another they all connect. In this way these previous events do influence the subsequent events.
- · It is as if they form a pattern. A pattern I have had little or no hand in formulating.
- · So many of the events are such that there is no way I would have chosen them to happen. They are no more directed by me than was my birth to my parents in the time frame it occurred with the gender choice for me as I entered this life.
- · The degree to which I stepped back out of the way eased the process of the happening of these events. The extent in which I could turn it over, let it be, go with the flow, the easier time the process has reaching its result.
- · As each of these events transpired, one following necessarily on the other, the pattern of them produced in my view a favorable result. Not a pattern I might have chosen. But, not something I would now choose to turn aside. I like the result in spite of what I would have had it be.
From the foregoing I have come to believe my life has occurred according to plan, not my plan, but a plan, that flowed along on its own terms. I do not know who set the plan, where it came from; whether or not set in some dimension beyond this one in which I find myself, none of it is of material consequence to me.
What is significant about it is the way it seems to happen. Anything I have done to defeat the plan fails or explodes all over me. Usually the plan’s choice of action occurs in spite of me. When I take control of my moments and try to direct my response it makes it harder for the natural consequence of my moments to occur. Having 75 years of living this experience I am convinced this is how it works!